On this page, you will find information regarding the steps needed to apply and succeed in college. If you need assistance or have any questions regarding college, please contact Mr. Edwards in the main office.

Graduation Requirements

The graduation requirements as set adopted by the Baker Valley USD governing board consist of the minimum number of credits a student must complete to be eligible to receive a Baker High School diploma. The following is a break down of the number of credits a student must complete to be awarded a Baker High School Diploma.

  • English: 40 Credits
  • Math: 30 Credits
  • Social Studies: 30 Credits
  • Science: 30 Credits
  • Physical Education: 20 Credits
  • Foreign Language: 20 Credits
  • Visual/Performing Arts: 10 Credits
  • Other Electives: 90 Credits
  • Successful Completion of the Senior Portfolio

*The minimum number of credits required for graduation is 270.


A-G Requirements

(As established by the University of California) The A-G requirements consist of the courses a student needs to complete in order to be eligible admission to the UC and CSU system and most other universities in the country.

  1. Social Studies: 2 Years
  2. English: 4 Years
  3. Mathematics: 3 Years Required, 4 Years Recommended
  4. Laboratory Science: 2 Years
  5. Foreign Language: 2 Years
  6. Visual/Performing Arts: 1 Year
  7. College Prep Elective: 1 Year


SAT Information

The SAT is an examination that allows students the opportunity to demonstrate their readiness for college. Universities use SAT results in determining a student's acceptance to their institution. For more information regarding the SAT examination, please visit the College Board site at SAT Main Page


Apply for Cal State University

Applications to the California State University are completed and submitted through the CSU Mentor interface. If you are seeking information about applying to a CSU, visit CSU Mentor's main site here.


Apply for Federal Financial Aid

Need help paying for college? The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is the free application to complete in order to receive financial to use toward tuition, books and other expenses related to higher education. To apply for federal financial aid, visit the Federal Student Aid page here.


Clipart of A plus paper

Tutoring will be available soon. Check back soon for updates.

Adult School

Clipart of books

Adult school is now in session. For more information regarding enrollment and program availability, please refer to our Adult School page.

Minimum Days

Clipart of minimum day.

Early release every other Wednesday. Please refer to the disctrict calendar for exceptions and details.